General Children’s Information
- All of our volunteers have been through a background check and assigned to the classroom based on size and needs.
- Every family is assigned a family number and this will be used for check in and out procedures for all our programs. You will receive a number card upon arrival and the card must be presented when picking child(ren) up. Only family members can pick children up, unless an arrangement has been made and communicated with teacher or Director of Children’s Ministry. Family member must be 16 years or older. Children are not allowed to check in or out on their own.
- Check in for Sunday morning classes takes place in the individual classrooms. Please notify teachers of any issues or concerns, especially with the little ones.
- Children with symptoms of illness are not permitted in our rooms. We follow a health policy similar to the school district and it is posted in all classrooms.
- Snacks are given during some of the programs. We are peanut free and have options for other allergies. Please notify us of any allergies. If providing your own snack, please notify the teacher or director.
- Classroom and toys are cleaned after each use.
- Pagers are used to communicate with parents with children in Nursery. For other classrooms, walkie talkies are used to communicate and Parents will be notified if there is a medical or behavior emergency. Teachers and Director will try to address all concerns before pulling a parent from service or class.
- Personal items should be left at home, except items needed for children in the nursery or preschool program. Please make sure all items are labeled such as diaper bag. Children are encouraged to bring a bible to class, when parents feel it is appropriate. Bibles are available in the classrooms
- There is a play area for children outside of the Preschool/Nursery Wing, This may be used before or after service/program but only under Adult Supervision.
- If new or visiting, please check in at the classroom based on age. Teachers will guide you through the check in procedures and ask you to fill out a form.
For more information or want to receive our monthly newsletter, contact our Children’s Ministry Director, Katie Dolendi at email@example.com or 708-785-1764.
We know that for families with a child with special needs, one of the biggest challenges is finding time to nurture your own faith. We want to come alongside families and all of their children, recognizing that every child is created in God’s image with a special purpose and plan for his/her life. Whatever the diagnosis, we want to make sure your child can learn about Jesus in an age and developmentally appropriate way. As needed volunteers are assigned to partner with kids who need extra help participating and we will work with you to custom-design a ministry plan for your child.
Contact, Katie Dolendi at firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule a time to meet or to answer any questions.
We’re so excited you’ve chosen to explore being involved with Grace Kids! You make a big difference in the lives of children simply by choosing to invest in their spiritual journey. Kids are asking big questions as they are seeking their own personal relationship with Christ. So, let’s celebrate them, their development, and their spiritual journey.
Opportunities exist working directly with children on Sunday Mornings, Awana on Tuesday Nights, and other special events/services throughout the year.
Ready to commit? Need more information? Want to talk about whether Grace Kids is the right fit for you? Contact Katie Dolendi: email@example.com